Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Queer Magic and LGBTQ Pride

Since it's Pride Month I thought it would be awesome to get into some queer magic. My practice is very different than Wicca. I don't just believe in a generic God and a Goddess. My perception of divinity is always changing into something else, therefore the gender and the sex or sexuality are as fluid as mine. I use a same sex deity couple or a trans deity in ritual. I also like to dress up like the opposite sex while doing a ritual honoring that deity who is that sex. In my rituals I also like to incorporate the rainbow or at least the rainbow symbolism. This isn't limited to queer magic but during Pride Month it is!!!!

I consider myself queer. I am not straight or gay, both, but not really bisexual. I love my boyfriend but I don't care for any other man. I love women and have frequent crushes on them! It is more than just picking deities it's about having awareness and acceptance of that part of you. That is makes queer magic work.

Even if you don't really consider yourself queer you can still do it. Just think outside the gender/sex/sexuality box. Do something that you wouldn't normally do/dress/think while honoring your God or Goddess in ritual.

Today I am going to honor all the queer deities and the LGBTQ Community! Yay, sexual and magical freedom!

There is an awesome path called the Radical Fairies that make queer magic their life's practice. Here check them out: http://www.queermagic.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment