This post on pro-choice is inspired by the Jewish feminist blog: "From The Rib?" and the website Religious Coalition for Reproductive Choice. I thought what is the Pagan view on abortion? I found a great blog post from the famous feminist pagan writer Starhawk.
My views are simple. Women should have a choice. Yes, I believe that every life is sacred but in my mind it's her life, her body, and anything in it is part of her body. Therefore it is her choice.
I have also written a discussion on paganspace.net to look into this further from my perspective.
Surprisingly, from looking at the dicussion, most Pagans are pro-choice however there is always one guy who rejects it. Overall everyone has their personal views but wouldn't want to push it on others. I thought that the discussion was a success. I thought that Xoc had a great point. She is pro-choice because if we didn't have abortion clinics people would do them in back alleys with coat-hangers. I think I would agree on that one.
The discussion above does not reflect all Pagan veiws in pro-choice or abortion but I think it's a great way to find out what some Pagans feel about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment